The latest eyebrow trend to try and fall for within your own home.
It seems with eyebrows that we can never keep them in one place – figuratively, and literally.
There’s always some new trend to try out whether it’s bushy brows after Cara Delevingne, pencil-thin eyebrows in the 90s, or more recently the fox brow trend.
After all, who can blame us for wanting to change our brows; as the secret weapon for taming the face, they can create such a transformative look, plus, what else is there to do in lockdown?
This new trend has been popularised by many of your favourite models and celebs without you even knowing. Just take a look at Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid – the sultry and sexy look that they are known for is actually defined by the change of their eyebrow shape.
This straight and angular look pulls the eyes to seem more cat-shaped, as opposed to the big-eyed youthful look so fashionable in the 60’s you get with a more rounded brow.
The result is a mysterious and ‘foxy’ look to your makeup.
Many would have achieved this look by getting a procedure, such as a brow-lift, or Botox, and some makeup artists have been known to use tape to achieve this look on the runway.
However, many across social media platforms, like TikTok, are saving their coins, to create a less permanent look at home by shaving the end of their eyebrows off.
Scary and drastic? Maybe, but it’s the most affordable, and less painful than waxing and plucking, way to get that angular model-like-look yourself. Plus, by shaving the brows, you are not completely removing the hair but shaping them semi-permanently so no need to panic if it doesn’t go according to plan.
To get this look at home, you will need three things:
First, a derma-planning razor. These can be bought from Amazon at a decently low price for a pack of six. Appearing a bit like a scalpel as a single blade razor, they are used mostly by women for shaving peach fuzz off their face and trimming eyebrows.
The second thing you will need is any eyebrow product you use for definition, such as a brow pencil.
The third is some kind of setting gel or wax. However, if you want to follow the tutorials of exactly how Gen Z do it, then buy some transparent soap. Pears translucent soap, for example, can be purchased from any Boots, or supermarket.
Now for the process:
- Step 1: Holding the brow pencil to your face, look in the mirror and create a diagonal line from the side of your nostril to the outer corner of your eye. Then mark where this straight line would end by your brow.
- Step 2: From this mark you’ve made, this is where you need to shave the tail of your brows off. Clean the skin gently with your regular cleanser, dab dry, and then apply a small amount of serum or facial oil to where you will be shaving.
- Step 3: Making small and slow movements, gently shave off the hairs.
- Step 4: Using your brow pencil again extend out the tail of the brow in a straight line.
- Step 5: Finish off the look with your favourite eye makeup, make sure to pull your eyeshadow/liner upwards in a cat-eye shape.
If you trust yourself with a razor and your eyebrows all seems a little too much like a disaster waiting to happen, fear not!
The LN+B Salon is opening in September! You can get your eyebrows shaped professionally by our excellent professionals in-store.
Purchase our Shy Brows? Never! Box to get all the best brow goodies, alongside one month’s beauty membership for brow services with up to 40%!
So watch out for our launch date – we’ll see you there 😉